So I was nominated by my Twitter runner bud Rod over at Runnersmythos to answer these 12 questions so that ya’ll can learn some more about little ole ME!
Here we go, hang on for dear life!
1. Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- Mom – well this one is obvious. I have a beautiful 16 year old daughter 🙂
- Auntie – another obvious one. I have two awesome nieces!
- Aim/Amz/Aimz – when you thought you couldn’t shorten Amy, you can 😉
- Whiskers – this was a nickname given to me in junior high by my friend Ernie Wasson. I had a large sweatshirt with a pink cat face on it. He called me that for the remainder of my time back in Oromocto.
2. Four jobs I have had:
- Candy Concession Stand Chick – I worked at the Famous Players Theatre in Penhorn Mall during Grades 11 and 12.
- Legal Secretary – I worked at one firm for 4.5 years before I got pregnant.
- IT Helpdesk Support – I went back to school to obtain my Network Internet Support Specialist (Microsoft Stream) Diploma when my daughter was 3 and landed a job right out of school at a law firm in their IT Department.
- Paralegal/Litigation Support – I left IT in that firm to become a Paralegal in their Litigation Department, it was there that I transitioned to a Litigation Application Specialist role. (I left that firm after 6 years and went to the firm I currently work at where I am a Litigation Support Paralegal and part of a great team!)
3. Four movies that I have watched more than once:
- Star Wars Trilogy – I mean come on, you HAVE to watch these over and over!
- Back to the Future Trilogy – These are just awesome, enough said.
- Grease – My mom and dad had the album and I listened to it religiously. When my mom took me to see the movie in the theatre, I sang EVERY SONG. lol
- The Exorcist – Because I love to scare the living crap out of myself and sleep with the bible under my pillow for a week after I watch it.
4. Four Books I recommend: I have so many more than 4, because I LOVE to read, but I pick these…
- The Book Thief – Because it is narrated by Death.
- Under The Dome – Stephen King. Need I say more? I love how he dives into human nature and the whole “what would people really be like in this situation?”.
- Gone Girl – I could not put that book down.
- The Game of Thrones Series – I started reading these when I was diagnosed with depression. It really helped me escape and relax.
5. Four places I have lived: (My dad was a Military Policeman, so we moved around a bit)
- Baldy Hughes, British Columbia – This was a Canadian Forces Station – a Radar Base. In the middle of NOWHERE. We lived in a barrack block that had been split into “apartments”. (This is now home to the Baldy Hughes Therapeutic Community)
- Oromocto, New Brunswick – I was born here, and we were posted back to CFB Gagetown when I was a teen (where I completed Grades 8-10 before we were posted to Halifax).
- Summerside, Prince Edward Island – I started school here (Kindergarden to Grade 3), we did not live on base, but in the actual City of Summerside in the PMQs.
- Cornwallis, Nova Scotia – Where we were posted after Summerside. I completed Grades 4-7 here. I love the Annapolis Valley. (This is now home to Cornwallis Park – a business park).
I made some awesome friends through my travels. But now I have this weird desire to move every 3-4 years. It kind of stays with you.
6. Four Places I have been:
- St. John’s, Newfoundland – A business trip, but I saw it!
- Orlando, Florida – Took my daughter to Disney in 2010 🙂 She was an awesome travel buddy, and we totally want to go back!
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – My Greg and I went. LOVE. Stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe.
- Calgary, Alberta – I was there when I was really young, we went to the Zoo and the Tower. That’s all I remember, lol.
7. Four places I would rather be right now:
- The Bahamas – Because it’s cold here now.
- Hawaii – Because it’s cold here now.
- Spain – Because SPAIN.
- Scotland – Because my parents both have Scots in their backgrounds.
8. Four things I don’t eat:
- Brussel Sprouts – GAG
- Liver – GAG
- Caviar – GAG
- Snails – GAG
9. Four of my favourite foods:
- Pizza – YUM.
- Chocolate – I would swim in it if I could.
- Coffee – Don’t mess with my caffeine intake…I will hurt you.
- Peanut Butter – MMMMMMmmmmmmm 🙂
10. Four TV Shows I watch(ed):
- The X Files – Mulder and Scull were my peeps.
- NCIS (the original) – I just love Gibbs, and Abby.
- SOA – Hello, need I say more?
- Salem – This is pretty cool so far. Just watched Season One.
11. Four things I am looking forward to in 2015:
- MY SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!
- Running again.
- Growing my yoga practice.
12. Four things I am always saying:
- WHATEVER – Sometimes there is a name attached to it, depending on the situation.
- Really? – Because I am a mom.
- F Off – I have a potty mouth, sorry! I do know when NOT to be a potty mouth, for real.
- Because – usually attached to “I told you so”, “I said so”, and “I am the parent”.
So, there you have it. A little bit more about me.
Thanks Rod for tagging me, this was really fun!